Sussex Adrenaline is supporting Prostate Cancer Canada's "Plaid for Dad" campaign. Join us, and thousands of Canadians, and wear Plaid for Dad on June 17th in support of Prostate Cancer Canada.
Learn more
Sussex is proud to be both agency of record and a sponsor for World Refugee Day 2016. Find out how you can help us save lives together on June 20th.
Learn more

Federal Government Announces Extension of COVID-19 Emergency Benefits

Published on
March 3, 2021

Today, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Finance Chrystia Freeland announced an extension of COVID-19 emergency economic benefits through June 5, 2021. This extension includes the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy, the Canada Emergency Rent Subsidy and the Lockdown Support.

This means that the following rates of support will remain in place until June 5:

  • The maximum base wage subsidy rate for active employees would remain at 40%, and the maximum top-up wage subsidy rate for employers most adversely impacted by the pandemic would remain at 35% making the maximum combined wage subsidy rate 75%.
  • The maximum rent subsidy rate would remain at 65%.
  • Lockdown Support would remain at 25% and continue to be provided in addition to the rent subsidy, providing eligible hard-hit businesses with rent support of up to 90%.

Detailed breakdowns of revenue-decline reference periods and guidelines can be found here.

Federal Engagement

As the details of the programs announced today become available, let Sussex help connect you with the right people in government to help your organization get through these extraordinary times.

No items found.